10 Local Street Shopping Destinations in Jaipur
Image Source : jaipurtravel.com
Jaipur, the Pink City of India is the capital and the largest city of Rajasthan in Northern India. It was founded by Maharaja Jai Singh II, the ruler of Amer.It is India’s one of the 1st planned city during that era.This royalty of the citycan be seen in Jaipur which is blended with heritage, palaces, culture and art and the spectacle of this place can be experienced only by visiting it.
There are various historical monuments to be visited in Jaipur like the Amber Fort, City Palace, Hawa Mahal, Jaigarh Fort, Jantar Mantar, Nahargarh Fort, Gaitore, Statue Circle etc. to name a few. Jaipur is anadmired tourist destination in India and serves as a gateway to other tourist habour in Rajasthan such as Jodhpur, Jaisalmer, Udaipur and Mount Abu.
This city of Rajput’s is famed for its fairs and fests that are held on a grand level. There are various kinds of festivals which include kite festival, camel festival, Teej, gangaur, elephant festival, to name a few. The city witnesses maximum tourists during these days. To add on to its liveliness, this place has brilliant bazaars filled with bright turbans and ethnic attire, hand-dyed and embroidered textiles, pretty jewellery as well as delicious food. All these things can draw anyone towards them. Very few people are aware of the list of endless things that make it a must-visit shopping destination.
There are undoubtedly some noteworthy shopping places in Jaipur which can enrich your total shopping experience. The city offers various options of shopping to its tourists and its locals. The local markets and shopping zones provide all necessary things including clothes, footwear, accessories, household items, decorative items, handicrafts, leather goods and more. Let’s have a look at the most visited shopping places within the city. These locations are as follows:
- Johari Bazaar:Jaipur is home to India’s largest and the most fabulous collection of jewellery of all types. There are many markets in Jaipur selling precious stones & gems, semi-precious stones, and jewellery with a limited warranty. Johari Bazaar is one of the earliest Jaipur shopping places where you can buy all these. If you have any kind of wedlock in your house you can visit this place. From wedding lehengas with tie and dye, hand embroidery, mirror and kundan work to delicate and dazzling pieces of jewellery, you can look for all of it here. Johari Bazaar is also a must visit for Laxmi Mishthan Bhandar, the most favorablesweet shop in Jaipur.
- Tripolia Bazaar and Chaura Rasta: Tripolia Bazar has known for its lacjewellery and the beautiful varieties of bangles. You can shop for the textiles here. The popular Bandini tie and dye fabrics with rich embroideries are also showcased here. Also, you can buy designer carpets, brassware and other traditional wares. Chaura Rastais also the place to buy books. With a wide range of things on offer, these markets are very popular among tourists and locals alike.
- Chandpol Bazaar: Chandpol Bazaar, is where the creativity comes alive; where you can come across handicrafts, carvings made out of marble and other hand-looms. At the Khazanewalon Ka Rasta, you can shop for popular pieces like the traditional and gaudy shoes, pretty handicrafts, perfect sculptures made of wood and stones, carpets, turbans or anything that you absolutely love.
- Kishanpol Bazaar:Kishanpol bazaar is best comprehended for textile goods which can be bought at justifiable prices. It is also one of the best places to visit in Jaipur for shopping, to get your loved ones some wooden souvenirs; as it is home to many skilled artists renowned for their unique wooden carvings.
- Nehru Bazaar: From perfumes to textiles to trinklets to jootis, you can find it all here.You can also shop for blue pottery. All of them look tempting but ensure to bargain well before you buy a handful.It is a vibrantmarket with themulti-colored design located close to Chaura Rasta and Kishanpol Bazaar. It is the best place to buy keepsake for your near and dear ones at home.
- SirehDeori Bazaar: SirehDeori Bazaar is contary to the famous Hawa Mahal is a perfect place for window shopping and street shopping in Jaipur, since you get a glimpse of the overall shopping items available here. Leather shoes, puppets, knickknacks and some unique hangings can be picked up from here, which are exclusive make of Jaipur.
- Bapu Bazaar: Bapu Bazaar is a one stop destination for all the Jaipuri items as you could almost buy anything for a reasonable price. This bazaar stands out for the reasonable prices of items like textiles and Jootis. Here you can enjoy the novelty of street shopping in Jaipur. Plus, the bazaar lies in a pretty location and you could get to witness the ‘pink’ rustic buildings and a true essence of the city.
- Mirza Ismail Road (MI Road): It is named after the Prime Minister of Jaipur princely state known by the name of Sir Mirza Ismail. It isone of the major roads in Jaipur which is located in Emporia Complex where you’re sure to fall in love with the pottery works the moment your gaze falls on them.Here the pottery work, dates back to the days of the Rajput kings who used the pots extensively to beautify their palaces. So head there to add some beautiful collections to your home.Also, look for brass statues and wooden items.
- LakkarHaveli: Established in 1988,Lakkar Haveli is one of the best retail stores in Jaipur. Known for its premium quality and affordable prices, Lakkar Haveli is one shopping store that you must check out on your trip to Jaipur. You can shop for a wide variety of goods like apparels, textile handicrafts, vintage merchandise, accessories, home décor, wall hangings and delicate hand bags.
- Handicraft Haveli :It is a partnership concern engaged in manufacturing, supplying, trading and exporting items including sandstones accessories, silver decorative, historical canvas etc. The store is filled with genuine and unusual Indian handicrafts and antiques on three floors. Here the staffs are friendly and knowledgeable. The items that are demonstrated for sale are of good qualities.