10 Local Street Shopping Destinations in Goa
Image Source :http://www.mouthshut.com
Goa is the 25th state in India within the coastal region also known as Konkan in western India. It is bordered by Maharashtra in the north and Karnataka to the east and south with Arabian Sea forming its Western coast. Goa has been divided into two zones as- North Goa and South Goa .It is one of the smallest state in India and a very popular tourist destination. Goa a tiny jade island giving coastal retreat with lush green landscape edging the golden coastline which overlooks Arabian Sea .It is mainly associated with tourist beaches, a happening nightlife and over 300 year old Portugal architecture and heritage. It is referred to as the city of churches by many. It is being characterized by colorful dwellings, lush green fields, and soothing indifference in the atmosphere. The charming villages of Goa are ideal for a laidback morning walk or an evening stroll. The north and south regions of the place are very much different. The northern region is a cultural hub with traditional eateries and markets where as the Southern region is famous for an idle vacation with 5 star hotel, beaches, and mix of white sand and clear blue water. Under the night sky, each festivity becomes more alive. Goa’s wildlife and forest greenery makes it an ideal nature’s hotspot. If you are a foodie, then you can visit the spice garden and tryout cashew feni. Hence, the ultimate tourist spots i.e. Goa promises to be something for every traveler.Goa is an ideal destination for shoppers of all ages for all types of amazing shopping experience.Here are various shopping destinations like local street market inclusive of beach side, weekend andfamous night markets, which you can explore and enjoy to your heart’s content. These are as follows:
- Anjuna Market-It is one of the major street markets of North Goa that opens on Wednesday. Before it was originally a hippies market who wants to sell off their items for a livelihood. Today, it’s a well-established market and it is a means of living for many. You can get hold of varied items that comes from various parts of the county as well as delicious food to fill your appetite. After spending time on the beach you can visit the retail market.
Image Source :http://adventuretourismgoa.com
- Calangute Market-It is not only famous for its beach but also for its market that is any shopper’sbliss. This market has lots to offer. You can purchase all sorts of goodies such as clothes,Jewelry, souvenirs, beach wear, sea shells, local handicrafts, trinkets, carpets, leather garments,clay and metal decorative items. This beach is one of the busiest beaches in Goa and it why thesellers keep new fresh and updated products for its buyers. It also has food joints where you canget seafood, snacks as well as beer.
- Baga Night Market-This market is a beach market, it is small and incredible opened only on Saturdays. At the bazaar you will find grocery to clothes to food to everything whatever you desire. According to Goan tradition all kinds of rural produce are found here.
Image Source: thegoavilla.com
- Margao Market-It is located in South Goa and is also known by the name Gandhi market. It is aheaven for whimsical buyers and you can have almost anything from this market be it spices or any kind of jewelry. This place is very popular amongst the inhabitants of Goa for varied kindsof shopping.
Image Source :http://www.indiamike.com
- Mapusa Market- This market throngs with ardent visitors. It is as good as any other Goan bazaarbut it is unusual on Fridays when the market develops into a platform for Goan business class toshowcase their productivity in a noisy fashion. It has the true flavors and true hues of Goa whichcan mainly be found in a spice market. Moreover you would also get hordes of other productsuch as handicrafts, textiles,clothing,fruits, vegetables, meat, pottery items, pickles as well ascashews to name a few. If you are good at negotiating skills, then you can save a lot of pennyhere.
Image Source :http://www.india.com
- Saturday Night Bazaar at Arpora– It’s another name is Ingo’s market and is one of the best andfinest markets to shop for herbs,spices,a handicraft from the local artisans, bags, carpets andrugs, designer jewelry and accessories along with lavish palatial food for its visitors. It isexpensive but worth visiting.
Image Source :https://www.tripadvisor.com
- Mackie’s Night Bazaar-This bazaar is located on the banks of river Baga and is famous for bingeeating. Here you won’t be able to resist yourself from buying your favorite mementos likehandicraft, keepsake items, gifts that you would like to buy as a tourist. You can also listen tothe local band music performances.
Image Source :https://www.goaprism.com
- PanjimMarket- If you are a nature lover and love photography and like touring around then youmust make a visit to Panjim market which is near INOX cinema. It is a well planned market withvarious sellers selling almost everything from jewelry to wines to grocery items, cashew nuts aswell as local handicrafts. You can also purchase spices and sweets as well as take sweetmemories from Goa. It also has a multiplex for its visitors and a wide range of eateries in thiszone.
Image Source :https://www.makemytrip.com
- Vasco’s Municipal Market-This market is meant for fish lovers. The localities come to shop fortheir daily fresh fish and grocery items here. Every day the market opens at 5 pm at its crazylovers will not mind walking through the muddy pathway and shop with the fishy smell.
Image Source :http://tourmet.com
- Caculo Shopping Mall-It is an air conditioned shopping mall where one can come and shop.Here you will find good decorum, play area for kids, branded items and many more such thingsto make your shopping a grand experience. After moving to and fro throughout the day youwould like to sit some place and relax for a while for which this mall has some restaurants andcoffee shops.
Image Source :http://www.desiyatri.com