10 Leading Places to Explore in Goa
Goa is one of the best places to visit in India. It is the smallest state of India by region yet best the conclusion of richest Indian states.Arranged in the Konkan area of West India, it bestows its periphery to Maharashtra in the north and Karnataka inthe east and south. Panaji is the capital city and Vasco da Gama is the greatest city.Goa is famous for its beaches, carnivals and old churches. This is the first place for all of those who are planning to celebrate the New Year with fun. It is an important part of plenty of your time went to by national voyagers for its wonderful beach locations, Goan Circus, Sunburn Event and dynamic lifestyle. It has a number of Peaceful Beachesand these incredible not so popular locations in Goa that need to be frequented by any passionate traveler.On 11 June 2014, Goa was regarded with the title of Best Indian Destination for Relaxation by Lonely Planet. Magazine India.There are many fun things to do in Goa.
- Basilica of Bom Jesus By Thomas Tholath - One can discover Goa’s religious legacy by visiting The Basilica of Bom Jesus. The Basilica of Bom Jesus is alsoknown as BoreaJezuchiBajilika. It is Goa’s most famous church located in old Goa. Churches in Goa are an important heritage of it being an erstwhile Portuguese colony.They are not just the locations of worship; they are essential symbols of Goan lifestyle and structure. Most of the Goan chapels are created in the Baroque structure design and the most popular among them is the "Basilica of BomJesus" in old Goa.The 400 years old magnificent basilica is one of the world heritage centers chosen by UNESCO. Distance from airport is 25 kms or 15.5 miles or 13.5 nautical miles and distance from railway station is betweenMadgaon Railway Station and Basilica Of Bom Jesus is 32 kms or 19.9 miles or 17.3nautical miles.
- Pandava or Arvalem caves -To witness the beauty of Nature, one must go to 6th MilleniumPandava or Arvalem caves located at about 9 kms to the south of Bicholim town in North Goa. The cave complex is split into 5 compartments and the ‘linga’enshrined in the center section is organized in great respect by enthusiasts here.Another appeal near the Pandava or Arvalem caverns is the Arvalem falls. The water flowing down from a size of 50 meters makes for an amazing perspective, and there is a recreation area close by from where you can look at the fountain as well as the pond at the end. And Distance between Madgaon Railway Station and Pandava Caves is 48 kms or 29.8 miles or 25.9 nautical milesS
- The Dudhsagar Falls - The Dudhsagar waterfall in also known as “Sea of Milk”. Basically, meaning a sea of milk is a real witness of Fury Nature.Dudhsagar falls is a 4 tiered fountain situated and the 4th highest fountain of Indian. Found far away of 46 KM from Madgaon, the falls appear amazing during monsoons after been fed by the rains. There is a practice link which goes right in front of the fountain and traveler practice moving through the drop seem to always reduce for travelers to look at the drop up close.Unfortunately, there is no watching system or site for visitors to take in the full opinion of the tremendous fountain. Some people do get down at the Dudhsagar place and enter reverse on practice paths, but that is certainly not recommended.Distance between Goa Airport and Dudhsagar Falls is 74 kms or 46 miles or 40 nautical miles and Distance between Sonaulim Railway Station and Dudhsagar Falls is 2 kms or 1.2 miles or 1.1 nautical miles
- Baga Beach - Baga Beach is one of the most popular tourist spots in Goa. Situated in North Goa, pleasant ambiance, scenic views of the shoreline and plenitude of things.This has contributed a lot to its charm and appeal of this beach. Unlike most of the Goanbeaches, Baga is secluded from the outside world. It is known for its shoreline social occasions, beach parties, nightlife and amazing seafood served at its beach shacks and restaurants. It is famous for its water sports and dolphin cruises. Other activities like parasailing, banana boat rides, and sun-basking are highly enjoyed at this beach. Baga Beach is 2 KM away from Calangute Beach. On any trip to this exotic getaway, you can observe numerous sport fishing vessels for sale docked by the shoreline.Distance between Goa Airport and Baga Beach is 40 kms or 24.9 miles or 21.6 nautical milesand Distance Between Goa Railway Station To Baga Beach - By Road 48 Mins (40 Km 348 Mtrs)
- Se Cathedral Overview-One of the largest churches in whole Asia, Se Cathedral took nearly 80 years to get designed. It was recognized to remember the victory of the Portuguese over the Muslim rulers of the city.The cathedral has a huge Golden Bell which can apparently be heard all over Goa! The church includes 14 altars,each one magnificently and delicately carved.Distance between Se Cathedral and Dabolim Airport is 44 kms or 27.3 miles or 23.8 nautical miles andDistance between Se Cathedral and Goa Railway Station is 72 kms or 44.7 miles or 38.9 nautical miles
- Scuba Diving - Goa is one of the few places in India offering scuba diving. Diving in Goa is not the bestowing to limited underwater visibility, but it is still popular among tourists. The water life and the variety of creatures you get to see are quite amazing. Several seashores provide submergence features, but Bogmalo is amongst the best with regards to a dive. Dive Goa is one of the companies which organize scuba diving trips at Dauna Paula beach near Panjim. Make sure to collect important guidelines from expert divers from the dive center. Going through a well-known diving school helps because of the appropriate equipment that they use and their experience. There is a small training session that can help your convenience into the surroundings before you go diving. A lot of organizations even provide expert programs that are qualified by SSI and PADI. Most of the dives are between 10m to 15m strong. The diving schools prefer if you are medically fit for a dive due to problems that could occur because of artificial oxygenation underwater.
- Elephant Rides Overview- Goa has a lot to provide to its tourists from exquisite nature to the variety of adventures. One of the other less known factors is its wildlife. Elephant safaris are also available at some locations and a lot of tourists head to Tropical Spice Plantation for the safari on the biggest mammal on land, the elephant.Distance betweenTropical Spice Plantationand Dudhsagar Falls is 47 kms or 29.2 miles or 25.4 nautical miles .
- Casino Royale - You can Try your fortune at The Casino Royale Goa is one of the favorites and an eye-catching spot for all thevisitors.If you want to enjoy nightlife with full enjoyment and have the decent cash to invest then go for an evening out inany Casino (open 24 hours).On-board Casino Royale is the biggest casino in India.Distance between Dabolim Airport and Casino Royale Goa is 50 kms or 31.1 miles or 27 nautical miles and Distance between Madgaon Railway Station and Casino Royale Goa is 211 kms or 131.1 miles or 113.9 nautical miles
- Temples in Goa - Serenity, And Culture of Ancient Goa-A trip to get into the rich history and culture of the city, one must visit Mangeshi and ShantaDurga is the mostvisited temples in Goa. They have a vibrant tradition and interesting history which goes back to the early 16thcentury during the times of Maratha kings of Goa. One distinctive characteristic of these temples is theirspectacular lamp towers, which reminds of the Portuguese architecture.Mangeshi temple is dedicated to an incarnation of Lord Shiva. Mangeshi temple is believed to house the ShivaLinga which is said to have been consecrated by Lord Brahma himself.The ShantaDurga temple as the name indicates is a quiet place where the Durga – the goddess- is the maindeity.In addition to being serene places of worship, these temples are excellent types of Indo-Portuguesecombination architecture. You should follow a dress code while going to these temples.Distance between Mangeshi Temple and Dabolim Airport is 14 kms or 8.7 miles or 7.6 nautical miles and Distance between Mangeshi Temple and Madgaon Railway Station is 26 kms or 16.2 miles or 14 nautical miles.
Mangeshi temple.Image Source:https://www.templepurohit.com
- Dr. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary - The Mangroves Where Birds Live - The Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary is a located on the western tip of the Island of Chorao along the river Mandovi.The lush green mangrove is named after India’s most famous Indian ornithologist. Dr. Salim Ali houses a variety oflocal and migratory birds. One must check out this place for getting close to nature and enjoy the ferry ride.The early morning bird watch cruise arranged by the Goa Tourism department is a delight to the eyes and ears. Thesilence of the morning and the serenity of the gentle waves set a perfect stage for the chirping birds. It is indeed ahidden gem, waiting to be explored by the nature admirer who can appreciate its elegance.Distance between Madgaon Railway Station and Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary is 38 kms or 23.6 miles or 20.5 nautical miles and distance from Goa Airport to Dr. Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary is 27 Km.