10 Leading Places to Explore in Bangalore
Bengaluru (also called Bangalore) is the capital of India’s southern Karnataka state. Bangalore, popularly known asthe Silicon Valley of India offers a great combination of both modern as well as traditional India. In this elegant cityof Gardens and lakes, there are countless things one can do and will remember the exhilarating trip lifetime.Bangalore as a whole is an awesome place to be. The soothing and pleasant climate round the year is surroundedby plenty of gardens, beautiful ring road connecting the entire city in a circle with many other scenic spots, fromhills to beaches and other unending adventures.There is something for all age groups people here starting from historical belongings, religious Temples, Road trips,trekking, adventure sports, nightlife, cafes, nature’s beauty to luxury malls.So in case you are planning a trip to this place, Here’s the list of a must visit places:
- Bangalore Palace -The Royal stone palace has beautiful and unique interiors and majestic castle – like structure, surrounded by lushof vast green gardens of various species of trees. The palace has about 30000 paintings, it’s a 450 acre propertylocated in North Bangalore.If you are a history lover, don’t miss out visiting this place to get the sense of rich history & heritage of MysoreEmpire.
- Cubbon Park - Cubbon Park is regarded as the Heart of the city, widely spread across 100 acres of area. Historical monumentslike AttaraKacheri, Museum and SeshadriIyer memorial hall are the chief attractions of the park.You would also find beautiful marble statues of Queen Victoria, Sir Mark Cubbon, Sri ChamarajendraWodeyar,King Edward VII and Sir K. SeshadriIyer in front of these historical buildings and Sir K. SeshadriIyer in front of thesebuildings.Cubbon Park has also won much honor for maintaining its heritage so well. The blushing green botanical garden &park adds more charm to this place, where any nature admirer would love to escape from the daily hecticschedule.
- The Lalbagh Glasshouse - The Red Garden in English, situated in southern Bangalore is a conspicuous landmark in the Bangalore city.The alluring botanical garden was first empowered by Hyder Ali in 18th century and later beautified by his sonTippu Sultan.The garden is extended over 200 acres, hosts massive collection of tropical plants and the array of trees.The Karnataka government also conducts Janapada Janitor, Folk Fair, music programs, annual shows which areusually attended by a large number of people from distinct places.There is a glass house made by the British, where flower shows are organized on every Independence Day andRepublic Day. The park has a giant 3000 million years old rock, geological monuments, 16th-century tower built bythe founder of Bangalore, KempeGowda, which thereby adds more captivations to the place.No traveler should miss out this thrilling sightseeing spot in Bangalore.
Image Source :https://www.tripoto.com
- Mantri Mall - The biggest mall in South India, located at Malleshwaram, is a great stamping ground with your friends or family.The Mall has retail channels of almost all national and international brands of attires , adornments, jewelry,electronic appliances, books and stationery, footwear, bags, sarisand cosmetics. It gets you all exciting choices like- Games, movies, food, wifi under one roof.Weekends and holidays are the prime time when you can see the place mostly occupied by locals and tourist in theMall.There are a plethora of malls in Bangalore. Some of the prominent ones are Mantri Mall, Orion, Forum, UB City,Phoenix Market city, etc.
- Wonder La Amusement Park - Wonder La is said to be the finest amusement park in the city, located at Bidadi, about 28 km into the Bangalore. Mysore road. This wondrous park spread over 82 acres endeavors miraculous rides along with a comfortable stayand refreshment. There are about 59 water rides that can be enjoyed by people of every age group. Kids love amusement parks as much as elders. It also features some relaxed, fun rides, water rides, dry rides, high thrill ridesand the water park.Wonder La is undoubtedly an impelling tourist enchantment in Bangalore if you are outlining a weekend trip withfriends or family vacation.
Image Source :https://apnacoupon.com
- Trekkingat Savandurga - Savandurga is a hill placed 60 km away from Bangalore and is known as the exemplary picnic spot duringweekends. It is also appraised to be the greatest monolithic rock in Asia. At Savandurga many people complypilgrimage at the two temples especially, SavanaVeerabhadreshwaraSwamy and NarasimhaSwamy temple that islocated at the foot of the hills.Explorer like rock climbers, cave explorers and trekkers consider it as one of the leading places for adventureenthusiast in Bangalore.
Image Source :https://adventurefanatic.wordpress.com
- Iskcon Temple - Built by the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (Iskcon), is also referred to as the impressive hilltoptemple, which was inaugurated in the year 1997.These temples which have Lord Krishna is generously decorated in a mix of ultra-voguish and classic styles with theaim of exposing the cultural heritage of India with the help of modern technology.The temple stands as a vital place in the travel and tourism in Bangalore, as they draw not only devotees fromIndia but from abroad as well.There are various food stalls here so come with fondness and concerts and lectures are regularly held. It’s around8km northwest from the center of town.
- Tippu’s Palace - Tippu’s Palace was the summer residence of Mysore ruler Tipu Sultan.This superstructure is located inside the TipuSultan Fort, construction started in 1781during Hyder Ali’s reign and completed in the year 1791during the famousTippu’s rule.An Emperor imputed it as the ‘Rash-e- Jannat’ which means ‘the base of happiness and envy of heaven’. One should not forget to spend some time at Tippu’s palace, which is built inside Bangalore fort itself and admireits Indo-Islamic style of construction of pure teak wood, paintings, artwork, arches, balconies which are rare to see in today’s time.Nowadays, it has been used as a Museum, where you will find clothes worn by the erstwhile king, the silver andgold pedestals, silver vessels given by the General to Hyder Ali and the crown of Tippu is kept in the palace. It isnow taken care and maintained by Archaeological Survey of India.
Image Source: http://tourmet.com
- Innovative Film City - Innovative Film City is one of the most famous tourist inclination in Bangalore, located 40 km away from Bangalorecity on the way to Mysore. It is widely spread across 58 acres and was first opened in the year 2008.Innovative enthrallment and unlimited fun comprise; amusement parks, rides, museums and other countlesssections such as the theme park, Wild West, Miniature City, Cartoon City, Water rides,Wannado City.There are two amphitheaters in the city with India’s biggest roller coaster, Aqua Kingdom, Haunted Mansion, andFossil Museum, where your kids are going to have a great time!You can shop, sit and relax real time for Fashion Cafe and more Innovative Studio that has an academy and astudio used to film movies. This is one of the best places to visit near Bangalore with your kids, friends or family tohave a wonderful exposure which will leave you speechless.
Image Source :https://www.cleartrip.com
- Nandi Hills - Nandi hills or Nandi Durg is positioned at a height of 1, 4555 meters, around 60 KM from Bangalore.You can visit Nandi Hills at any time during the year. It is best to reach there early morning and enjoy the splendidview of sunrise and then carries on towards the temple (on the top of the hill) and can also plan to see the sunset.The pleasant weather, foggy hills, rolling slopes; sharp curves are the most thrilling one as you are on one of thetop hill stations in India.Also, other delightful sights at the top portion of the hill are dazzling gardens with a wide variety of plants and florawhich is marvelous to see. It's a good point to sit and chill out with friends watching birds going, too manymonkeys on the hills and very rare species of insects can be also seen there.For people, who want to enjoy their exotic weekends can stay at the Silver oak farm, Maurya hotel for goodrefreshments and perfect scenic view.Nandi hills are also a great place for trekking, vineyards, and paragliding.
Image Source : http://www.dangling-thoughts.com